A List for a Wednesday
- Last week, we saw one of the best gigs we've ever seen. It was the kick off to "I'm With Her" a group made up of Sarah Jarosz, Sara Watkins and Aoife O'Donovan. They are 3 of our favourite Americana singers and if you get a chance to see them, I highly recommend it. You can listen to a snippet of their performance here. It starts at about 26 minutes.
- Discussions of copying have been at the fore of the industry (again). Design*Sponge (via Blogtacular), Folksy and the UK's Intellectual Property Office (via Jacqui)have all published posts this week.
- I loved this post by Emma on marmalade making. I guess I'd never considered it a family affair. We've made 3 batches and now the children have decided they don't like it. More for me, I guess!
- A bit of a bloggy dream came true this month with the publication of the Spring issue of Artful Blogging. Whenever I go to the states, a copy of this magazine is always on my must-get list and I have often wished to be amongst the featured.
- Have you seen the new bi-monthly magazine #crochet? Its almost a bookazine in size and number of patterns focussed at a trendy crochet market. Well, if you love colourwork, I designed the cowl and hat on the cover and am pleased with how they came out. I also wrote the tutorial for the crochet hexagons. I know I have seen the magazine at Sainsbury's, but not sure where else you can get it.
Phew! I am off to spend the day knitting until my fingers bleed and listening to the next instalment of Woolful.