New Gift Bundle available now!
There is no other creature on our farm that contributes as much as our bees do. From pollinating our plants, making honey and wax to being just a joy to behold, bees have been the single greatest investment we have made to the health and wellbeing of the farm.
Keeping bees isn't as simple as just putting them in their hive and letting them do their thing. Bees require help and maintenance to thrive.
In this online course, we cover the basics of keeping bees.
We will cover:
- Personal protection equipment and other requirements for beekeeping
- Basic Hive Inspection and FEDSS food, eggs, disease, space, swarming
- Harvesting Honey - fitting clearing board
- Feeding Bees
- Where to place your hive
- Swarm management
Due to the nature of beekeeping this course was recorded seasonally, with the first batch of lessons going live on November 17th 2020 and additional material released in March and June 2021 to talk about what to do with your hive at those times of year.
This course is hosted on Mighty Networks - a comprehensive platform that allows us to host the community, live sessions and online courses all in one space.
Once your purchase is completed, you will receive an email with a pdf containing the details you need to join the network, or add this course to your profile if you are already a member.
Buying this course as a gift?
There are two gift options for this course:
- Our pdf gift voucher is available at no extra cost. On completion of your purchase, you will receive an email from our automated system. The attached pdf can be printed out and included in your gift.
- Alternatively, you can upgrade your purchase to a gift bundle - a handmade beeswax candle and a gift voucher containing details of how to join the course, will be sent to you, or direct to your recipient.